Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

The Braves have gone 3-1 since my last post, perhaps that should tell me something. Two wins (Thurs and Fri) came by way of walking in the winning run (guess what goes around comes around). The offense woke up Saturday afternoon, and promptly returned to its slumber before Sunday's game.

Also a part of this weekend was the Goat family's first trip to Six Flags together. I haven't been to Six Flags since since I was 15 and apparently my age was showing. Aside from fighting a tinge of nausea all night, getting the crap beat out of me by jerky roller coasters, and constantly referring to how it "used to be," it was an awesome experience. Apparently some roller coasters have experience an entire lifespan since my last trip. What happened to that "new" roller coaster Deja Vu? Anyone remember the Z-Force?



I was never tall enough to ride Z-Force before they took it out and moved it to California (Six Flags Magic Mountain (according to Wiki). What I did ride this time was Goliath (3X actually).


By far the coolest roller coaster I've ever ridden. Very comfortable, no jerky ass beating, and FAST. Because the park was only open to Georgia State students (and family and friends) we didn't wait for anything. We even rode the Mindbender when our crew of 4 were the only people on the ride! We finished the night with one last hurrah on Goliath, and this time we waited a few minutes to get a ride in the front car... it was worth every minute.

We rode all the roller coasters (didn't catch some of the other rides: Wheelie, Acrophobia), here's how I'd rank them:

  1. Goliath
  2. Georgia Scorcher
  3. Batman
  4. Mindbender
  5. Superman
  6. Georgia Cyclone
  7. Dalonaga Mine Train
  8. Ninga
  9. Scream Machine (it beats you up worse than ever before)

3 comments:

Mackie said...

Remember the Georgia Cyclone? I have a scar on my knee from that POS.

Goat said...

Cyclone #6 on the list. That used to be the worst beating of all the coasters, but now the Scream Machine is definitely worse.

Anonymous said...

Ninja was the worst. I think I seriously had whiplash from riding it.