Monday, September 14, 2009

Man, what a failure

I'm sorry (to any reader still hanging on) that my last post was at some point in July, related to the Frenchy trade. Strangely enough, that's right about the time I started this new job. You do the math, and you'll know my excuse #1.

I'm embarrassed at my failure, but maybe in this "failure" I did exactly what I set out to do. My goal was to chronicle the Braves' season, and give you my insight on what going on. Sadly, the Braves' season much like my posting has been a real disappointment. We both had our high spots: the Braves sneaking up to 2.5 games out at some point in August, my freeze-frame photo of Beltran being clearly tagged out yet called safe on a stolen base attempt at 3rd. And of course we had our low points too: obviously the Braves getting swept by Cincy last week, and me failing to comment for 2 months!

It's sad that it's coming a close. Sad not only because I love the Braves, and I love baseball, but also because I enjoyed commenting on the game, even when sometimes it was a stretch to find anything noteworthy. But what's most sad is that I've let the "real world" get in the way of the things I really enjoy. Here's to hoping I can find some time for the fun. Keep your eyes peeled... you never know when I peck out another meaningless rant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're still blogging.